If you have a child under the age of 12 and you would like them to learn how to play the game of tennis, you might want to consider the new Quick Start Tennis program at your local tennis club. Quick Start tennis was derived by the USTA (United States Tennis Assn.) specifically with young children in mind. These children are taught to play tennis on a smaller tennis court with age height appropriate nets and larger foam tennis balls.
â€œThis book is THE perfect introduction and primer for parents whose kids like tennis and want to learn how to play the game correctly.â€â€”Tennis Magazineâ€”United States Tennis Association
In this lively guide, Pierce Kelley shows you how to successfully introduce your child to the game of tennis. This book offers you:
- Technique-building drills and exercises
- Step-by-step instructions on how to practice with your child
- Illustrations that show you correct stances and strokes
- A glossary of tennis terms, to help you speak the language
- When and how to choose a tennis pro, and more